Featured post

D'innombrables regrets

Image de Clipart.com Regrets d’avoir dit oui trop rapidement D’avoir offert le plus important Les secrets et voluptés semb...

Sunday, 29 January 2017

Moving from Broken to Beautiful through Forgiveness


Yvonne Ortega, 2016, 125 pages
Publisher: Trinity Press International
Find it on Amazon and Yvonne Ortega


Blurb
“As long we have breath, there’s hope we can move from broken to beautiful” – Do you feel discouraged, deceived or depressed? Do you worry that you’ll never overcome the challenges and heartaches in your life? Do you struggle to forgive yourself and those who have hurt you? Since we don’t have alligator skin and a heart of stone, people will hurt us especially those closest to us. We also make mistakes in life and hurt others. Yvonne uses personal anecdotes and the timeless truths of God to help women trade shame and guilt for God’s grace to forgive themselves, to overcome anger and bitterness and with God’s power forgive others, to break free from the prison of the past, and gain the peace and freedom of forgiveness. With forgiveness comes living life to the fullest. This is book three in the series, Moving from Broken to Beautiful®.

Review
Yvonne Ortega shared her personal story of domestic abuse. She wrote for those who struggle with unforgiveness. Each chapter displays a quote and a short story. At the end of it, Yvonne asks the readers some questions. To help them to reflect on their lives. She cites Biblical scriptures, too. There is a space for the readers to journal their thoughts. The author suggests some affirmations and provides advice. In this paperback, the author testifies that God is the healer. He can turn a deep pain into a powerful tool of compassion to help others.
The hardcover is accessible and well written. The author used a plain language that is easy to understand. Her topics are attention-grabbing. I couldn’t put the book down. I read it in one day! And a few weeks later I read it again. I didn’t want to miss any points. It was an eye-opener when I understood that unforgiveness filled up my heart. Yvonne's tone is caring. I felt like she was a protective-big-sister. Therefore I followed her counsel to forgive and let go. It wasn’t an easy task.  As a Christian, I know that if I don’t forgive my offender(s), God won’t forgive me either. That’s serious stuff, though.
Her writing is inspiring. It encourages me to put my hope in God, no matter what. The handbook is also challenging because forgiveness is a hot potato among Christians, nowaday. However, she emphasises on unforgiveness.  Her manual is biblically accurate. She selected biblical verses that matched perfectly with the central theme. In a nutshell, the fundamental message was uplifting. It is a book of hope and restoration. I highly recommend it. I give the book 5 stars out of 5. Bravo Yvonne Ortega for this great hardcover!

Federal Trade Commission’s Disclaimer: the publisher, through BookCrash.com review program, kindly provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated. The opinions above are entirely my own.

By Benebr


No comments:

Post a Comment